Monday, April 13, 2015

wHY dO wE gROW uP?

What's your age? Oh! I am extremely sorry for being ill-mannered. But seriously, what's your age? Don't answer me. Just tell yourself silently, in your mind. Let's assume your age is 25. 

Next task: Remember the day when you were just 1-day-old. (I know that you can't really remember the day when you were just 1-day-old. But you were. That's the universal fact!)

Another task: Try to visualize the whole journey of your life from your day 1 on the earth to today when you are 25(Or whatever your current age is). How was it? Exciting? Beautiful? Struggling? Smooth? It can be anything. It can be mixture of all this too. Different people have different stories.

My journey of 24 years(For now, I find this age reveal-able. But I would definitely mind when it will become reverse of the current figure.) has also been mixture of many moods: good, bad, excitements, dullness(which extremely less!), victories, losses, achievements, empty-handed, bright-student-who-chose-a-different-career-path-(finally), ambitious, despondent,etc,etc,etc.. (There is no last but the least!)

While writing, I got one more point which I found quite suitable for this blog. I got a message on social media. It was something about inner peace. It also included an example which was little techie. So I too, being techie, suddenly sent it to my techie husband(Who was sitting just in front of me, being techie, having all his focus on his MacBook's screen. No Offence!)
 
{Sorry for using one word repeatedly. But it suits, really}

After reading that message, he asked me, 'Have you experienced Inner-Peace?'

Quite a valid question for a person like me. Because I was a 'little' mischievous kid whom sophisticated people generally call 'Hyperactive' child. Coming back to the point, if I try to remember my journey from the day 1 on the earth till today, I can't see myself sitting at one place for more than an hour. It was quite impossible task for me as a kid. And may be that's why lunch or dinner had always been one of the tedious tasks for me.(Oh now I realize! Finally! Going to call my Mummy!)

But yes, when I try to remember if I ever had experienced inner-peace, 'Yes' comes in my mind. Kids are rarely quiet and stable. And I was not one of them. But the freedom they experience, the joy they have, an art of cherishing each moment of life they have are out of the world. Yes, 'Out of The World' is quite appropriate for them. Because they hardly care about the world. They know nothing about the world. All they can see is beauty. For them nothing is wrong or bad. Innocence keeps them away from all the dark sides.

We grow up with time: Physically, mentally and emotionally. All of you who have actually tried to recall their journey of life, would have noticed the one common thing: Few years back, being a care free kid, you were happier. But we all have to grow up, think about the future. A bright future. We all join the queue of people who are existing to be successful only. Successful person and successful human being. We grow up more. Then we think about the progress in professional life and personal life. We grow up more and more. Then we think about the retirement. 

This can be the typical journey. I am also one of you all.

But what actually made me write this blog is an observation and realization.

Dhruv, my nephew turned three on 11. We were all gathered at my brother's place. It was a cute family get together. Prayag, my elder sister's 2-year-old son was also there. Both the brothers were so busy with their respective toys of interest. Dhruv was handling a pair of 'Tablas'. (We all were so surprised to see his technique and natural ability of playing Tablas at the age of three!) Prayag was busy with his JCB, cars, and other vehicle toys that don't need petrol or diesel. 

(Mentioning JCB reminds me one question which has always been an unanswered one to me : Why do male kids like JCB? I mean they can't dig the floor of the house. And they even can't dig the actual land with a digging arm which is made of plastic. And my confusion increases even more as I cannot ask the kid even.)

But its okay for now. I will handle. Let's not discuss JCB here. 

So the over all scenario was like that. After some time, Prayag took a 'Dholak'. He tried to play it. Dhruv, in his cutest language, was teaching Prayag how to play it.

We elders(Yes, me too) were chatting, observing kids, and having a great fun. 

After sometime, Prayag's tiny and cute hand got hurt while opening and closing a mini gate. He started crying in his typical manner. Pressing upper lip with lower teeth having lower lip outwardly bent (Yes, exactly the same you have just imagined!) he rushed to his mother and hugged her. Injury was not major, he just got scared and that's why he came to his mummy so that she could soothe him. In no time, he forgot the pain and started playing again.  

This incident caught my attention. A kid could rush to his/her mother whenever he/she needs support. I call it 'Earthing'. Yes, for humans, we don't use this word, but when I see such attachment, only this word comes in mind. You need support. Emotional, moral, physical. 

Grown ups need moral support the most. At least I need. 

We grow up, become independent, learn new things in life. But whenever, in the hustle and bustle, we need moral support, why can't we rush to our parents like kids? Do we grow up for this? Why can't we show our weakness? Why can't we cry like kids? Why can't we leave everything and rush to mummy and papa? Why can't we break down? Why do we need to pretend to be strong in front of our parents? We all know that at the age of 50 even, we will remain kids for our parents. But we hesitate to show our pain, our problems. We don't want them to bother any more. We chose to solve our problems on our own. But when I saw Prayag rushing to his mummy, only one question struck me; "Why do we grow up?"






  














  

No comments:

Post a Comment